You are here: Home Concerned about fraud
Protect Your Account From Fraud
Due to a recent increase in attempted debit and credit card fraud, we are reminding our members how to keep their information safe and secure. The security of your financial information is our highest priority. Please see the information below for additional steps you can take to protect your financial information from being compromised.
Gesa Card Security
Gesa Alerts App
Gesa is now offering Gesa Alerts through Visa! With Gesa Alerts, you can easily and securely setup Gesa debit and credit card alerts anytime, anywhere all from your phone! Once you've created a secure passcode for logging on, you'll have access to setup and manage your FREE card account alerts to help you monitor your card account activity such as:
- Threshold alerts
- Foreign transactions alerts
- Transactions at gas stations and convenience stores
- Purchase activity alerts
- Card not present alerts
All of these and many other useful alerts are available to help protect you and your account from fraud while monitoring the transactions you choose.
Your security is our priority. Mobile data transmissions and account information are protected by 128-bit encryption, just like they are when you use Online Banking, to prevent unauthorized access.
Download the Gesa Alerts app through Google Play here.
Download the Gesa Alerts app through iTunes App Store here.
If you have trouble downloading or using the Gesa Alerts app, please contact 1.855.232.0671.
Travel Tips for Gesa Members
Getting ready for travel? Before you take that next trip, please give us a call at 888.946.4372 to let us know. This allows us to notate your account of your travel plans and recognize true fraudulent activity. To protect against theft and unauthorized use of your Gesa credit and debit cards, Gesa monitors your card activity 24 hours a day. If we notice suspicious activity on one of your cards, we'll contact you while you're on the road—just to confirm if the activity is authorized.
Steps to Protect your Account
In addition to notifying Gesa when you travel, here are seven practical steps you can take to protect against card fraud and to spot it when it happens:
- Keep your contact information up-to-date in case we need to contact you to verify suspicious activity.
- Check your account statement regularly and immediately report any transactions that you don't recognize.
- Avoid obvious PINs, such as a birth date, any year, the last four digits of your Social Security or phone number.
- Do not write down your PIN in an obvious place. Often, when fraud occurs with debit cards, the cardholder has written the PIN on the card itself.
- Match your credit card receipts against monthly bills to make sure there are no unauthorized charges.
- Destroy all receipts before discarding them since some may have your card number printed on them.
- Guard your card. Don't use it as collateral or give out your card number over the phone, unless you initiated the call for a purchase.
- Check your credit report at least annually to ensure its accuracy
PrivacyArmor Identity Theft Protection
Gesa Credit Union has partnered with InfoArmor, a leading identity theft provider in the U.S., to protect you and your family. PrivacyArmor, offered by InfoArmor, quickly alerts you to suspicious activity before major damages are done to your reputation and credit. Plus, get social media reputation monitoring for your family.
Gesa Credit Union Member Discounted Pricing:
- Individual Plan - $9.95/month
- Family Plan - $14.95/month
- Identity monitoring to uncover fraud quickly.
- CreditArmor to make it easy to monitor your credit.
- Social Media Reputation Monitoring to protect your entire family against reputational damage including racist, violent, derogatory, vulgar, or inappropriate comments on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram profiles.
- WalletArmor is an online vault for securely storing documents, credit cards and online accounts, plus a lost wallet replacement service.
- Digital Identity offers an easy-to-read report that summarizes what a real-time deep Internet search discovers about you.
- Personalized customer care when you need it most.
- Plus more!
Click here to enroll!