Gesa is proud to have offered scholarships to college students for more than two decades. Our scholarships provide financial assistance to both entering freshmen and current college students continuing their education. Since 1987, Gesa has awarded over $430,000 in scholarships to deserving students. Click to view Gesa's Scholarship Guide. The application deadline for our 2020-2021 scholarships is February 28, 2020.
Entering College Freshmen
Gesa Credit Union offers ten $2,000 and one $5,000 scholarships to local high school seniors who have plans to pursue a higher degree of education. To be eligible, you must be a member in good standing of Gesa Credit Union and be entering your freshman year of college as a full-time student with a 3.0 or greater cumulative high school GPA.
Current College Students
Gesa also offers Continued Education Scholarships for current college students who have plans to continue their higher education. Gesa will award five $2,000 and one $5,000 scholarships to eligible students. To be eligible, you must be a member in good standing of Gesa Credit Union with plans of returning as a full-time student in the fall of 2019.
Melissa Kanabrocki Memorial Scholarship
Our late colleague and dear friend, Melissa Kanabrocki, embodied the credit union philosophy of people helping people, and had passion for improving the lives of those in the communities we serve. Gesa created the Melissa Kanabrocki Memorial Scholarship Fund to honor her legacy by helping students who work in our high school campus branches achieve their educational goals.
2019 Entering Freshmen Scholarship Winners
- Ailen S., Chiawana High School
- Atticus T., Kennewick High School
- Christana C., Chiawana High School
- Dylan H., Delta High School
- Erika P., Hanford High School
- Joy T., Kamiakin High School
- Piper S., Richland High School
- Richard G., Delta High School
- Vanesa C., Kennewick High School
- Viktoria S., Delta High School
2019 Continued Education Scholarship Winners
- Brett J., Washington State University, Tri-Cities
- Carolina V., Washington State University
- Keri S., Columbia Basin College
- Maritza J., Columbia Basin College
- Nathanael J., Western Washington University
2019 Melissa Kanabrocki Memorial Scholarship Winners
- Alyssa C., Eisenhower High School
- Anya G., College Place High School
- Kynlie C., Kamiakin High School
2019 President's Choice Scholarship Winners
- Jesse H., Washington State University, Tri-Cities
- Kennedy S., Pasco High School