You are here: Home About Gesa Membership
Your savings account is the beginning of your Gesa Credit Union membership. With as little as a $5 deposit, you’ll become a member-owner of Gesa and you'll be on your way to a world of valuable benefits. As a member of our not-for-profit financial cooperative you’ll enjoy:
- Better dividend rates on savings
- Lower interest rates on loans
- Minimal service charges
- Remarkable personal service
It’s no wonder that member-owned credit unions outperform other financial institutions on consumer satisfaction surveys year after year.
Who can join Gesa?
If you live, work, worship or attend school in the State of Washington, or are a close relative of someone who qualifies as a member, you are eligible to join Gesa.
And remember—once a member, always a member! So even if you change jobs or move out of the area, you can retain your membership and all of the benefits. For more information, call or visit your nearest branch location.
Important information about procedures for opening new accounts: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: when you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Gesa Credit Union offers all members access to special offers from Costco, GM and Sprint.
Costco Auto Buying Program
Gesa Credit Union and Costco have come together to make purchasing a vehicle an easy and money-saving experience. The Costco Auto Buying Program allows members to take advantage of pre-arranged, special pricing offers at select dealerships.
The program also offers:
- Costco®-sized savings on a wide range of models.
- Special Gesa auto loan rates that save you even more.
- Costco® Member Advocates to assist you before, during and after your purchase.
- A complimentary one-year paid Costco® Gold Star Membership or a $50 Costco Cash Card (if you're already a Costco® member), courtesy of Gesa Credit Union when you finance your vehicle with us.
Click here to get started!
GM Preferred Pricing
Get Preferred Pricing, a special discounted price reserved for GM preferred suppliers, when you purchase a new GM vehicle. This exclusive discount is in addition to most current incentives and special offers! Click here to get pre-approved, and save even more with our low rates!
- Click here to get your GM Authorization Number.
- Head to your local dealer with your GM Authorization Number. It’s that easy!
There has never been a better time to save money on your wireless service. Sprint has phones, PDAs, push-to-talk, data service plans, music downloads, and more. Click here to see more Sprint discounts.
When it comes to finances, we could all use some good news. So how about not only getting the maximum refund you deserve, but also filing your taxes for FREE. This year, as a valued Gesa Credit Union member, you'll find out just how easy your taxes can be when you file your simple federal return with TurboTax® Federal Free Edition.*
- Prepare, print and e-file your simple federal return for FREE.
- Maximum Refund you deserve.
- Audit Support Center download included.
- Help & Advice available online. With answers to your questions 24/7.
- Fast Refund in as few as 8 days when you e-file and use direct deposit.
- Make tough times a little easier. File your simple return for FREE with TurboTax Federal Free Edition.
- With the security of knowing you'll get the MAXIMUM REFUND you deserve.
*Other editions available at reduced cost for Gesa members.