Engaging in any potential scam may result in many negative impacts to you.
Impacts could include:
- A loss of goods and/or money that cannot be traced or recovered by Gesa.
- Identify theft
- Negative impacts to your credit history.
- Loss of membership at Gesa Credit Union.
- Online Banking can be compromised.
What can I do to protect myself from fraud?
- Do not send money.
- Do not engage with the scammer. Cut off all communication.
- Only deal with people locally and in person.
- Increase security settings on social media.
- Do not accept friend requests from people you do not know.
- Limit personal information that you post.
- Be a skeptic - if it appears too good to be true, it most likely is.
Who should I contact if I think I'm a victim of fraud?
- Contact the local police.
- Report internet fraud to IC3 at www.ic3.gov/default.aspx.