Here are a few tips to keep you safe from mail fraud:
- If you do not have a mailbox with a lock, be sure to pick up your incoming mail every day. Or consider using a P.O. Box.
- Take outgoing mail to the post office.
- Shred all credit card offers before disposing of them.
- Make a list of bills and statements you receive and the dates you normally receive them.
- If you're expecting a bill and you do not receive it, contact the issuer right away.
If you feel that you've been a victim of mail fraud, visit the United States Postal Inspection Service website for more details.