The submission period for Gesa’s 2017-2018 scholarships has now closed. Scholarship award recipients will be notified by May 1 and all other applicants will be notified of their status by mail.
Gesa is proud to have offered scholarships to college students for more than two decades. Our scholarships provide educational assistance to both entering freshmen, and current college students continuing their education. Since 1987, Gesa has awarded $300,000 in scholarships to deserving local students.
Entering College Freshmen
Gesa Credit Union offers ten $2,000 and one $5,000 scholarship to local high school seniors who have plans to pursue a higher degree of education. To be eligible, you must be a member in good standing of Gesa Credit Union and be entering your freshman year of college as a full-time student with a 3.0 or greater cumulative high school GPA.
Current College Students
Gesa also offers Continued Education Scholarships for current college students who have plans to continue their higher education. Gesa will award five $2,000 and one $5,000 scholarship to eligible students. To be eligible, you must be a member in good standing of Gesa Credit Union with plans of returning as a full-time student in the fall of 2017.
2016 Entering Freshmen Scholarship Winners
- Scott F., Richland High School
- Cassandra M., Mabton High School
- Jatzel C., Hermiston High School
- Connor F., Walla Walla High School
- Joslyn F., Prosser High School
- Vincent S., Hanford High School
- Noah C., Kamiakin High School
- Davidson N., Walla Walla High School
- Ariana M., Southridge High School
- Dalen A., Kamiakin High School
2016 Entering Freshman President's Choice Scholarship Winner
- Makayla V., Chiawana High School
2016 Continued Education Scholarship Winners
- Joseph G., University of Notre Dame
- Ana S., Washington State University
- Amber Y., George Fox University
- Kellee T., Eastern Washington University
- Kathryn H., University of North Carolina