Help Solve Hunger One Meal at a Time
Hunger Action Month raises awareness about food insecurity and mobilizes the public to take action. Join Gesa Credit Union and Second Harvest by donating time, money, and non-perishable food items during the month of September.
Learn About Food Insecurity
- An estimated 1.6 million Washingtonians are at risk of not having enough to eat. Pre-COVID-19, 1 in 8 people struggled with hunger in Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. These numbers are expected to grow in the coming months.
- African American and Latino households experience hunger at higher rates than white, non-Hispanic households.
- Children are more likely to face food insecurity than any other group in the United States.
- Second Harvest partners with more than 250 food pantries and meal programs throughout Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho to feed over 55,000 people every week.
- Every $1 donated to Second Harvest provides food for five meals.
Take Action Against Hunger
- Safely donate non-perishable food items in our outdoor bins. Donations are accepted during open lobby hours at the following branches:
- South Kennewick
- West Pasco
- Road 100 Pasco
- South Richland
- West Richland
- Moses Lake
- North Spokane
- Spokane Northtown
- Spokane Valley
- Walla Walla Poplar
- Walla Walla Tietan
- Yakima North 40th
- Yakima South 1st
- Sign up to volunteer with Second Harvest or your local food bank.
- Make a financial contribution to Second Harvest.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends and family about opportunities to donate and volunteer this month and every month.