We would like to let all members know that Gesa is closely monitoring the current situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are aware that the virus has been actively reported in Washington State and elsewhere in the United States. In response, we have established a cross-organizational team focusing on the health and safety of our employees and members.
We want to assure you that Gesa is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines (see below) to respond to the potential public health threat posed by the virus appropriately.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often. This is especially important after using an ATM/ITM.
For more information and the full list of recommendations, please see the CDC guidelines.
Please know that the health and safety of our members and employees are of the utmost importance to us.
We Are Here for You
To comply with state mandates to stop the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), all Gesa branch locations will be limited to drive-thru, ATM, and night drop transactions only during normal business hours. As a precaution, employees are increasing sanitizing efforts in high-touch areas inside our facilities and at our branches. Learn more about the temporary changes to our hours and services here.
We highly recommend that you use Digital and Telephone Banking as your primary channels to conduct business. You can access your account from home 24/7 using Gesa Xpress Digital Banking to view transactions, check balances, make payments, and more. If you haven't logged-in lately, we have recently made a number of enhancements that make it easier than ever to manage your account digitally.
If you've been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) and need our support, we're here to help. We have dedicated programs available to assist affected members such as loan skip-a-payment programs and low or zero interest personal loans.
Our website is the best place to find the most up to date information related to Gesa actions in the coming weeks and months, including any changes or service interruptions that affect members.
We Are Here for Our Team
As we navigate these unprecedented times, not only are we taking care of our members with emergency relief programs and supporting our communities, we are also taking care of our team’s health and wellbeing. Over the past few weeks, we have taken a number of steps to support social distancing while still maintaining the level of service you expect from Gesa.
- We have enabled a large number of our employees to work from home. For positions that require a physical presence, we have redistributed team members within our headquarters and branches.
- Team members are empowered to make decisions to safeguard their health. Each employee has received additional sick time and has the flexibility for using paid time off to care for themselves, their children, and their families.
- To stay connected with our teams, we are utilizing video conferencing at an increased level and have made other necessary tools available to make our remote staff successful and productive in serving our members.
- We have increased cleaning and sanitation at all our facilities and are diligently following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- Our teams are integral for making Gesa successful, especially when challenged by external factors. We have not laid off any staff and have no plans to do so.
Access to your money and your banking needs are an essential service, no matter what challenges we face. Gesa remains committed to serving you and committed to the wellbeing of our teams.
Deposit Checks from Home
Use your mobile phone to conveniently deposit checks without having to visit a branch or ATM. The Xpress Digital Banking app is available at the Apple® App Store and Google® Play Store.
- Download the Gesa Xpress Digital Banking app.
- Click “Check Deposit.”
- Take pictures of your check and follow the prompts.
Use Contactless Payments
When shopping in stores, try using contactless payment options like Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay to avoid touching payment machines, cards, or cash. Many retailers are now able to accept contactless payments from mobile devices. Just look for the contactless symbol.
For instructions on how to set up contactless payments, click the links below:
Protect Yourself from Scams
As a reminder, Gesa will never ask you to provide private, secure information through email, a phone call, or text messaging, unless you initiated the inquiry with us.
In times of concern, it pays to be on the lookout for scams exploiting uncertainty. We’re here to help you, so if you suspect you have been the victim of fraud, please contact us immediately at 888.946.4372. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) also has resources available on fraudulent activity being observed due to the coronavirus (COVID-19). For more information, please visit the FTC website.
The IRS will never call you asking to verify or provide your financial information so you can receive an economic impact payment or your refund faster. You should be cautious of emails, text messages, website, and social media attempts that request money or personal information. If you received a call claiming to be from Gesa and you provided your personal information, please call the Member Contact Center at 888.946.4372 immediately. For more information on the coronavirus (COVID-19) relief checks, visit the IRS website.
If you have any questions about your accounts, you can send us a secure message in Xpress Digital Banking, or give us a call at 888.946.4372.
Delivering exceptional member service, doing right by our members, and our communities remains a top priority. Please know that if it takes us a little longer to process a loan request or answer the phone during this time, it is because we are working with another member who also needs our help. We assure you, although it may take a little longer, we will give you our full attention as soon as we get you on the line. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Thank you for your membership!